The 30-Day Challenge begins TODAY so let’s get started!
Once again, this is about your personal plan and sustainable breakthrough in the area of physical health and wellness – a lifestyle change and a new way of thinking and being.
At PLS, we strongly believe that the deeper meaning is found in our relationships and in community and so, we encourage you to begin this Challenge by connecting with a friend for support and do this together.
As you develop your plan and identify your goals, it is important to ask yourself a few clarifying questions, such as:
If you continue in your current state of health, what will your health look like and how will you feel five years down the road? How about in 10 years?
- What example of health and wellness are you modeling to your family and those around you? Would you want them to imitate you?
- What legacy of health and wellness will you leave behind?
- How motivated are you to reach your goals in the 30-Day Challenge?
- If failure was impossible, what would your goals be?
It may be helpful to write out your own Personal Wellness Statement as you commit to this plan with a desire for breakthrough and lifestyle change. As an example, your statement could be: For me, physical self mastery and development is a foundational value. Through daily exercise and sound nutritional habits I will master my body’s appetites and powerfully impact my spiritual, emotional, relational and mental wellbeing as well.
Personal Plan and Goals:
Some things to consider –
- What weight do you desire to have?
- What [waist] size do you desire to have?
- Do you have other measurable physical goals?
- Do you desire to run a 10K or a triathlon? Other?
- What are your nutrition goals?
- What forms of exercise do you like and could be part of a workable workout regimen? It should include cardio, strength training and stretching – and with a good starting point or foundation that you can build on.
- What time of day works for you to do your workout and how long of a workout will you begin with? 30 minutes? One hour?
- Be intentional about carving out some time the night before to meditate on / pray about and visualize your New Wellness Lifestyle. Begin to see yourself experiencing the breakthrough you have always desired.